Tuesday, June 3, 2014

When Was God Born?

 
Question of the day: "Mom, when was God born?" 
Me: "God always has been, he was not born."
Then she said, "I don't understand what that means."
So I continued.


"God created everything God has always been here. Something like that is hard for us to understand because we are children. He created us. He does not like us to know everything that he knows. But, on the other hand, there are things that we know the answer to. That is one reason he sent his son. So he could be born and know how it is to have fun and play. So he could know how it feels to love a parent. Remember when he was with his disciples and he knew he was going to die soon? He asked his disciples: can you wait for me here while I go pray? Every time he came back to check on them they were asleep! Don't you think he was frustrated with him? Don't you think he wanted to cry? Don't you think he felt lonely? No one would wait up for him, no one could stay awake. He probably felt like no one cared: not his father is not his friends. His heart was breaking. He did those things he came to this earth so he could learn how it felt to be one of us. So now when we pray to God through Jesus, Jesus can explain to God how we feel."

She hugged me and then she said "Mommy I think I'm going to cry."
 

No comments: