Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Counting the Days

Eleven days until the little lamb is 2 years old. It seems impossible that she can be that old already. She knows her colors and speaks in sentences with a subject and a verb, and is using pronouns correctly. She says "prob-a-bee" (probably)! She has conversations with her dolls. I hear her telling them what I tell her. She'll say "I excited!" when she finds out Mimi is coming over and when she sees "foul ball" (baseball) on TV or if she sees a train.

Her little run is so adoreable, it always makes me smile. She sort of dances and jumps and flies all at once. She can do it so well, she can do it between the bathtub and the bathroom door, a distance of about 6 feet!

She adores a book we have of the Lord's Prayer, and when reading it, I'll stop and she'll say the next word, and we keep on going. It's amazing to see she has memorized it so young. She does the same thing with a few other books we read on a regular basis. She prefers I read her books about animals, and she'll say their different sounds.

She likes the television and I try and stay on the right side of the line when it comes to using it as a baby sitter. I see clearly how easily that can happen! She loves Yo Gabba Gabba! and Little Bill.

Royanne admires herself in the mirror after she is dressed. I'll fix her hair, but she soon takes it down. She is very meticulous when it comes to applying lotion or powder.

Every morning when she wakes up, she asks if her daddy is at work. Most days she runs through the list of her people [Mimi, Abby, Leo (Liam), Uncka (Uncle) Joe, Janish (Janice), Conna (Connor), Gandma (Grandma), Kay] and wants to know where they are. As we do the diaper change thing, she'll start talking about what she wants to eat. She loves sausage, apples and cereal.

She also says "church?" She loves going to church and Bible cass (class) and seeing her friends, whom she names regularly: Lu-chee (Lucy), Meg-gun (Megan), Luke, John Paul, Dee-yun (Dylan), Addie and Emma. These are the names she says, so I know she knows these kids!

She flocks to her dolls and her play kitchen, (and cousin Abby's, too!) but she also likes playing with Liam and Connor. ALOT! On the visit before last, to Ft. Worth, Connor and Royanne were jumping on his bed. They were crashing into each other and giggling with delight. Just the other day, she and Liam were rassling in the swimming pool, in their clothes! I think they were supposed to be playing in the sand or swinging, or something.

Annie always says "Hold you" when she wants to be held. It is very cute. When I leave the room, for whatever reason, she'll say "I go, too!" She'll also surprise me with a "Mommy, I glad to see you" right out of the blue, even when we've been together all day, accompanied by a big hug!

I have so many hopes for her. There are so many things I want to give her the opportunity to experience. She is our greatest joy and we are thankful to God for her.

No comments: