Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Little Lamb!

Never thought I'd do a character birthday
cake! For months I'd been tearing ideas
out of magazines. But her love of ELMO came
through, and a craft store had a cake
pan, so we got it and with some red sugar, made our
own Elmo (and it looked MUCH better than
what was offered at the grocery store!)
I made the cake and all day kept finding excuses
to not ice it. I must have been chicken!
When Bruce called from work to see if I'd
done it, I said, "No, not yet..." & he
said he would. I said, "OK!"
I put Royanne down for a late nap
so she'd be asleep when he got home
to decorate.
The finished product! The nose is a piece
of orange rind. The eyes are half of a cupcake -
really frosted up big -
and then mini Oreo cookies. The mouth is chocolate
sprinkles.

I did a little pre-decorating that night,
(from the chandelier)
and she climbed up on a chair!
Normally we eat in the kitchen and the dining
room chairs are in the garage
because she is such a climber!
But I had brought in the chairs and
pulled out the table to accommodate more
people. Not such a good idea!
I can't wait for gymnastics class, or
SOMETHING!!

Royanne in her ELMO hat, showing her
bat for "FOUL BALL!"




Don't you try on your jewelry
right before bedtime?



She grabbed my glasses from when we were
reading.



Tomorrow is your birthday,
my soon to be BIG GIRL!

Royanne went home with mom after church because
I wanted her to enter the house and see the
decorations all at once, not watch me do it.
Mom called right before they got here and I went
outside and covered Annie's eyes.


I wouldn't say she was impressed, exactly,
but she did take notice of the
chandelier decorations! We had three
dozen helium balloons, Elmo table
covers, plates and hats.


She really liked the Elmo balloon, fashioned
by the traveling balloon artist that goes to
Denny's on the weekends.


Getting ready for blowing the candles, her mood was
still pretty good.




She was really impressed by the cake, but
I don't have a good picture from when she
first saw it. Maybe Craig's dad, Lin, got one, I
don't know.


Cake and ice cream!



At present opening time, her stress level
was high and she had a momentary
meltdown; over stimulation and all!


Here she was starting to be back to her
old self.



She got a lot of help from Liam and
Abby.


Another doll. She loves them so!



Puzzles, books, Wonder Colors and drawing
tablets!


Wooden puzzle alphabet book! Too cool!



CHEESE!




MY JOY!





No comments: