Monday, September 14, 2009

Train Ride


We went to Ft. Worth this week, but we took
another way.........Bruce suggested we take the
train! We were going up there to borrow a car.
In the beginning we thought it was a great idea
and that it would be something Royanne would
really enjoy. When Bruce told her about it,
she immediately understood and was very excited!
She told Mimi, "I excited!"



Although you cannot tell from this picture,
she was giddy beyond belief when she heard
the train approaching Friday morning.
(I took a smaller camera with a BIG delay
in picture taking. Now I remember why
I replaced it!)



Although we purchased a seat for her,
the train was set up in sets of two seats. Royanne
wanted to sit next to us both so I held her.
In the beginning this was a good set up.
However, as time went on, her behavior went south.



Royanne looking out the window as
we left the station in Taylor.



Standing up between my knees.
When there was a bit of rough track, her eyes
got real big!
Here she is winking, trying to distract us
from that behavior!!!



After about 45 minutes of wrestling with
her in the seating area, we got up and went
to the lounge area. We figured the people in the
car needed a break from her contrary nature.



In the lounge area,
she was well behaved for about 30 minutes.



Boredom set in and she needed a conversation
with daddy (and then her silky).



Looking out the window in the lounge
area. For a few minutes, she kept pretending
like she was going to lick the tray where cups
sit (she is pictured here, with her arms in
the cup trays). I persuaded her to look for
cows AND sheep, both.




Here she thought crawling on the
floor would be a good move.



NOT!









Well, while
I chauk it up to a fun experience for her
I also think it was too soon to take her
on a train.



On the way home we stopped for a potty
break.



Happy girl



Whupped girl. I covered her with a
blanket and tucked it in her car seat belt.

.

No comments: