Monday, October 5, 2009

The Things She Says!



"You do that; I don't want to do that,
I tir-red. I don't want to do that either."


"I take shirt off. I don't want to get
blueberries on it!"
(Have I already made her paranoid about my
strong displeasure with stains?)


She was eating a homemade blueberry muffin and I
gave her some milk and then 3 weenies. She said,
"Weenies! that's nice!"


Me: "Before your next dance class we have to
practice the spider walk, the mouse
dance and 'I'm a Little Teapot'."
Annie: "Sounds great!"


When we were at Denny's eating, Bruce was
looking for the assistant manager, and he
came back and said, "I saw him, but I lost him."
Royanne said, "Oh no! What happened?"


I was singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star'
to her and she said me,
"What twinkle mean, momma?"
and I told her. Then later, in the song,
"What's diamond mean, momma?"


We were watching her new favorite movie,
The Wizard of Oz, and she asked me
"What rust mean, momma?"
(the tin man)

"What sissy mean, momma?"
(the lion)

"Those are poppies. Now they will
go to sleep."

"Glenda is my favorite."

Right before they discovered the wizard was a man
behind the curtain, there was green smoke and flashes
of fire, and she said,
"How'd they do that?"

She noticed when the horse changed colors!




One of those silly kids' CDs was playing,
and there was a song about fish and mussels.
She said, "What mussels mean, momma?"
I told her both definitions (mussels and muscles)
and I think she understood!


After church she was walking down the
sidewalk singing, "God bless me!"
over and over.

*

No comments: