Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DRESS UP & MAKE BELIEVE


Royanne's imagination is really taking off
these days! I hear her talking to her dolls,
sometimes her Barbies, and she is quoting some
things she's heard me say, and others she's made up
on her own. I really enjoy standing outside
her bedroom door listening. She also has
conversations while in the bathtub
with her various tub toys. When she dresses
up, new personalities emerge!



Here she is thoroughly enjoying being
dressed up at a tea party.


In this picture, she was quick to grab
the other wig when I put one on my head.


Bruce was seeing how well an old lap top
would run some programs and kids'
games, and she jumped up there like
she knew how to play solitaire.
I had to take a picture!


Princess dress, fairy tutu, raggedy hat,
ring gems and plastic food.


Here she brought a bunch of stuff from her
bedroom to the living room. I really try to
keep certain things in certain rooms (it is my
fruitless stab at organization). One day she
may understand - and follow - my rationale.

maybe?


Praying before eating.


Admiring new shoes from Aunt Kay.


This day, she wanted to take her messenger bag
that was the goodie bag from Abby's
birthday party, daddy's cowboy hat, her
silky and her egg gathering Easter basket with her
on our errands. She also wanted to wear her PJ top.
At first I said no because I'd
end up keeping up with it, then I decided it was ok....
so I said YES!



Don't you wear clip on earrings with your
PJs and sunglasses?


And if they fall off because they are *JUNK*,
then you attach them a little higher up
the ear!


This is a picture of Camryn in Ft. Worth (Connor's
sister). It was her first birthday. Lots of fun!


At this party, there were a lot of kids running around and
they were playing some sort of seeking, hunting,
chasing game, and Royanne was right in there
with the boys, and we discovered she was
holding the gun like this!!!


Bruce showed her how to hold it but soon
she was back to her way.


Necklaces and bracelets!





Practicing being a chef and good cook!


Real skillet, real utensil, plastic food.


Doll tea party. Lots of instruction went on
in there!




Filling cups and bowls with dried beans
and lentils. Each container had a spoon.
After she loaded up this pan, she put it in her
oven, spoons and all.


In this pictures you can see her
wearing a sweater that is a 3 month old sized,
currently for her bears, and an orange dress with
lace that was Abby's and eventually Annie's, also
now intended for her bears. The hat matched some
6 month old sized PJs.


She begged me to put them on her.






Then there was the morning I was washing
clothes and she found a bra.....


No comments: