Friday, April 23, 2010

Look Up

Sometimes Annie's food intake gets
off track --- she'll be starving at 5, I let her eat
a nutritous snack, Bruce comes home and
at dinner, she isn't very hungry. I offer her
a snack at 8pm and sometimes she
takes me up on it. Sometimes not.
Then at bedtime, she wants to eat!

Wednesdays are always weird because we are in
the car when we are normally cooking or eating.
So, on the way to church she asked for
a kids' meal, so I said yes. Chicken, of course.

As we were waiting in the drive-thru line,
she looked out the
window (she's on the side now, not in the middle
of the back seat, due to a hump that doesn't get
along with the new car seat - and yes, I
worry about the side position) and looked
up and said, "God lives up there, up high,
in heaven."

I agreed with her, smiling.

After she got her meal, she looked
out the window & up
again and said, "Look Jesus, I got a kids' meal!"

No comments: