Thursday, October 16, 2008

Antique Nightgown

Here is Royanne in her Mimi's nightgown. I love old things, and I am
lucky to have possession of this. No eating in it, though!
She is also holding on to a satin pillow slip.
One day Royanne was especially fussy. I took her in our
bedroom and was going to try and coax her to sleep but she
became infatuated with my satin pillowslip. Up until this time she
had no particular item she lugged around, no dirty and dusty orange
fuzzy pillow like Liam, no burp cloth like Connor. BUT! When she
came face to face with satin, she fell in love! She grabbed it and
held on to it as she sucked her thumb. Even with a pillow
inside!!! Well, I have several, so she is now never without one of them
when it is time for bed, a bottle or a nap. She'll go on a hunt!



I am thinking I might should cut them in half and sew them
closed so I can always have one that is on the slightly sanitary side.
First thing she does in the morning is grab her silky and toss other items
out on to the floor- her monkeygirl, an empty bottle, her doll.
But never her silky. Once Bruce forgot what I was calling it
and he called it her slimy! Another time, her slinky.
Silky, slimy, slinky, she knows what he means!

Here she is turning on her radio before she starts the bailout
of the unnecessary items.
* * *

No comments: