Friday, December 19, 2008

A Few Words About Fashion

This post is odds and ends about clothing or accessories.


When I found out I was having a girl, my friend Julie,
who has 2 boys, thought I'd enjoy a girl - she
said you can dress her up and do things with
her hair. That's true but now I think probably
boys cost less.
Reason:
Last year (when it didn't even fit!)
(.......see? Girls DO cost more!)
I found and bought this cute little coat.
It's a cotton blend, but it is meant to look like
tweed. Royanne really likes it. We're hoping there
will be a Sunday that is it cold enough to wear it.

Royanne has a cute little book she got from her Mimi,
called Love From Woolly.
It is about a sheep that knits items for her
friends. It is a lift-the-flap book. Ro
really likes it, so to make it more fun,
I gathered items for her to put on while I read the
story: socks, gloves, a hat and a scarf.
The hat was a handmade gift from her great-great-
Aunt Jessie last year so I asked Aunt Jessie
for a special scarf to go with the book.
The gloves are actually infant mittens on a string,
but easier for her to maneuver.

Since Royanne has given up her famous
headbands, I decided to make her some clips
that I could possibly slip in without her
noticing. I needed alligator clips. I couldn't
find them anywhere!
I was telling our friend Miss Jo about it and she
had some and shared them with us.
I barely got them placed for this picture before she
started taking them out.


No comments: