Sunday, January 18, 2009

LOVING GLOVES

More than likely, Royanne will wake up with the
last thing we discussed the night before on her
mind. Sometimes it might be something new in
our bedtime prayer. It might be a talk about the
weather. Like this story I am about to tell:
Every night that we remember - and she has reminded
me when I have forgotten - we will go outside and look for
the moon to tell it goodnight. I know she doesn't understand
why sometimes it is in a different place, or why sometimes we
can't find it. I try and go out around 7 p. m. That way it will be
in the same place. But sometimes, it might be when we put the
dogs to bed, and then we remember we haven't told the
moon goodnight. (10 p.m.)
Anyhow, I say all of this to say that one night we didn't go out
and tell the moon goodnight because it was really cold. But I
did take the opportunity to talk about why one would wear
gloves or mittens. I found a purple pair of mittens she'd
never seen, and I explained to her what they were.
We read the book WOOLY and I was hoping
Wooly making gloves and hats and such for her
friends would make sense, since
there are really not very many cold days in Texas.
As props for this book, I have a scarf, mittens, a hat.
But the gloves! They were new and exciting!


So, the next morning, after having her diaper
changed, she wanted to put on her gloves,

remembering the discussion the night before
about cold weather and dressing warmly.

(here she agreed to the coat but not clothes!!)



She kept on saying "COLT"
(which means cold)


Then she didn't want to take them off



or get dressed!





No comments: