Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes!





Royanne! She's really talking! I have always said, to her,
"What's this?" to get her to name things for me,
things she knew. Well, now she's doing it back to me.
She'll say, "hat's tis?" which means "what's this?"
and I will name it and she'll repeat it.

Mom brought us home from church the other day and
when she went to get her keys from her purse,
Ro said "keys". Mom was so surprised!


Later, Bruce was going out and put on his cowboy hat
and his coat. Ro said "hat" and then "coat". Naming things
as she watched what he was doing!
Today when I was changing her diaper, I said,
(and I have always talked regular to her, never baby talk)
"Right now you are going to take a nap and you can
have a bottle. When you wake up, daddy will be home and
we will eat dinner together."
And then she folded her hands and said "pay" which
means pray. I didn't say "and we will pray"

She was reminding me!




* * *

No comments: