Thursday, January 1, 2009

Mall Santa

This year wasn't like last year!





She was having NONE OF IT!
We went early in the day, after she was full, napped and
happy, when the lines were very short. But it
didn't matter. While I was trying to settle her



down, Bruce was taking these wonderful
and memorable shots.
The little elf told me,
"I think that's as good as it is going to get"



He wanted us to leave. Didn't even let her get
used to the idea. I was not pleased, to say
the least, so we got our stuff and decided to
walk around the mall and let her get calm,
maybe run and play some.




Here she's running back and forth between us,
down by Dillard's, where there really weren't
very many people.


Strutting.



Posing.



Staring.





This is our second attempt. The little elf said the same thing,
"I think that's as good as it is going to get."
OK
That's it.
I wanna talk to someone in charge.
This woman listened while I told her we had come early
to facilitate a good mood, and that after we were booted
out and wandered around and returned, the lines
were long, and that although I had talked up the
experience the whole time we were in line, (and that
we had watched this mother, her kid and both
grandmothers take over 9 minutes.................)I thought
that we at least deserved a bit more time.
She let us go again.
No charge.
Gee, thanks.



Final finished product.
Not a happy camper.

* * *



1 comment:

Amy McCown said...

She did much better than Layton. We did not even get that far he was screaming so much before he left my arms. Maybe next year.