Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Day of Pre-School



Sweet beginning:

Royanne was pretty excited the night before her first day
of pre-school. I was trying to convince her
sleep was going to be her friend: she was too
excited to go to sleep as early as I had planned!

For a week she carried her lunch box around with
plastic food from her play kitchen: it was almost
a battle convincing her that she'd want real
food by lunchtime. I tried to make it exciting for her
so I had a lot of choices in her lunchbox, just a bite or
two of each: cucumbers, red bell peppers,
grapes, 2 kinds of cheese, crackers, pickle,
mini marshmallows.

I was toying with the idea of putting her
somewhere fun and educational 2 days a
week so I could go to MAACO and be productive.
Lately she's been lonely when Liam and Abby
are at school, when we stop by Kay's, & one
day she said she wanted to go to school, too.
My friend Heather has operated her own
pre-school almost 6 years: it was the
logical choice.



Before going inside, we took a picture on the
mushy grass - from all the recent rain -
It was pretty chilly and windy.



I told her to turn so I could take her picture
outside the door, before we went inside.
She waved too, and said "Bye, momma!"



Trying to ring the door bell.

This is her backpack, a gift from the
doctor I had before she was born.
It is pastel leather with her name.
Very cute!



Just inside the entry.



Her class was enjoying a brief playtime outside.
We found them out there. And like I predicted, she
took off on her own. Didn't
*sniff* *sniff*
*weep* *weep*

need me!



Cubby area.
(She got a blue one, she was
thrilled!)



When I came to get her late that afternoon,
she was cleaning up a bin of MR. POTATOHEAD.
She looked over & down the hall
(ESP?)
and I actually had
the camera ready.........then she ran full force
towards me yelling,
"Momma! I missed you!"



Calm ending!
(silky reunion)


We went to the DQ for a treat, as I promised,
so she could tell me about her day. She thanked
me for her good lunch. She told me she
learned about the letter Q and made a
paper quilt. She loved the glue part.
I really enjoyed hearing about her first
day! Such a big girl now. She wasn't afraid, didn't
cry, went on without me and fit right in.

No comments: