Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Discovering Limitations



Sometimes Royanne plays safely and "normally".
She really likes the playscape and can go up the slide as
easily as she can go down.

One day I had put her truck on the hearth because it
was in the way of her running and playing and going up and
down the slide, only to find that she climbed it and was
balancing perfectly!




Then there are the times she stands up on her
couch...........







Or what about the time she grunted and finally made it
up & in the hole of the playscape, ......




only to flail her legs and cry out in frustration!
(she eventually rescued herself)


Another day on the truck, this time clapping!



Sitting on the hearth, no biggie.....



Because there is a long pillow between the slide and
the hearth, she stands there and contemplates jumping
and finally gives in and does so. I have never gotten a
picture because I am ready to catch her if something
goes amiss!


This day she was going up and down the treadmill,
practicing her step/stairs skills......



But she did it with a cup of ice, one handed,
an added talent, doncha know!!

I don't think she thinks she has any limitations!



1 comment:

Bekki said...

You better watch that girl! I have a scar under my bottom lip (looks like a chicken pox scar) where my tooth went through my bottom lip. I got it when I was standing on the vacuum cleaner and fell and hit my head on the stair leading into the kitchen. My tooth was bruised - looked almost dead. Thank goodness it was a baby tooth!