Saturday, March 7, 2009

Asparagus & Augmentin

I do declare! Royanne has the most unusual
palate for a toddler!
In addition to loving sharp cheddar, Asiago
cheese, chips & salsa and cold kidney
beans, she loves asparagus!


She shoved it in and wanted more.

I just started eating it in the last 6 years
or so, because I'd only had it from a can,
and discovered the fresh stuff is outta
this world! I am so glad Royanne
loves her veggies!



As you can see, in the background,
we are tracking the
medicine intake with Elmo faces.




Here she is showing me the Elmo collection.



Every morning, every night, it is
med-c (her way of saying medicine) and then
on to the Elmo wall.
We apply the tape and she sticks them
wherever. Sometimes she says "HIGH!"
so we will lift her higher.


Once it was all over, we had displayed
24 Elmo faces. When I bought the package
of Elmo faces months ago, I didn't know what
I'd use them for, but I knew she'd love them.
Sometimes putting up an Elmo made the
medicine easier to swallow.



Royanne, when in a calm and
pleasant mood, was given the opportunity
to pretend to draw up her medicine.
She was so proud! She really was good about
taking the nasty stuff.


We bought a canister of banana flavored
instant breakfast drink right before this
kidney infection thing happened.
She wouldn't drink milk and we were trying
to wean her from toddler formula.
The augmentin was banana flavored,
and since I hadn't yet opened the instant
breakfast, I returned it. Who would ever expect
her to take up with banana instant breakfast when
the med-c was banana? So, for the time
being we'll get our calcium in orange juice and
various types of cheese.



*


1 comment:

Amber said...

Way to go on eating your veggies Royanne! I like the Elmo idea. I am going to have to remember that one.