Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kitchen Construction

About 2 weeks ago, I dug through the garage and found
my Barbie dolls. From the 70's!
A lot of the clothes my mom made, and they
brought back memories as I looked through
them and remembered the different fabrics.
Some were damaged
from years in the garage's Texas heat.

Kay gave me some real Barbies & some knock off
ones. Some were Amanda's, I guess. Some Kay
grew tired of picking up from the
floor in Abby's room.

Annie was a little bored one day, so I
brought the whole kit and caboodle out for
her delight! She was so excited.
The dolls! The clothes! The shoes! The fun!


One afternoon I stopped by a Goodwill store to peruse
the castoffs......you never know what you'll find. You
have to be creative when you go from 2 incomes to one.




Imagine my delight when I found this portion
of a Barbie doll kitchen! The doors don't open,
but the oven door does and there are cute
little shelves above the sink. The fridge opens!



What a deal: a buck ninety-nine! A little bleach
and it is ready for a new home!



Bruce glued a support wall to it. Here it is on the
dining room table while I studied how I
could improve it.



Here you can see where something - that got lost -
slid in above the sink. There were also 2 something-
or-others missing in the two holes on each side
of the space above the sink. The little pink drawer
slides open and the railing on the shelves is
too cute!



Bruce suggested the space above the sink
could possibly be a window, so we hunted for a
picture of a tree.



The flash was messing up the picture, so this
picture is a bit yellow, but you can see the
tree through the window! I also found some
scrapbook paper that was the colors of the
kitchen - yellow, blue, pink, green -
and used it like wall paper. I put it around the
window and above the shelving.








The fridge door is open, so you can barely see
the wall paper behind the shelving
above the counter/sink area.


Royanne's Barbie family.
I think Ken feels really lucky!



In her little doll house, she put the babies
around the table. This was the first time she
positioned them. So cute!

After I decide on the wall paper for the wall
Bruce added for support, I will show you
the finished kitchen decor!

No comments: