Friday, March 19, 2010

One Very Sick Baby


Wednesday night Annie's temp was 102.6, then
103.2, then 100, then 102.9. Complaints included
headache, stomach and ear ache, sore throat, sore nose from

blowing....went to doctor Thursday.
Of course, her temp there was 99.9!

Ear infection, red and white blotchy
throat -- waiting for the call to see if it

is strep. Generic med cost $45!

Then, Thursday,
for almost an hour, she and I wrestled over the liquid
Tylenol in the kitchen. She was screaming, then too snotty
to breathe, then we'd blow, then she'd scream.
So then I changed from bubble gum
Tylenol to berry Ibuprofen. NO WAY! More kicks
and screams. What happened to my little
cherub ? So I got her settled down and she took
her
antibiotic even though it was a bit
early. I got down the chewable Tylenol, crushed
in spoon, added Pixie Stix to it, she threw it up and
the antibiotic! I caught it in my cupped
hands! All the while Bruce slept away!
Re-administered the antibiotic, then some sprite.
Because her temp was 102 +, she talked in her sleep
and kept me awake. She wanted
to share my pillow. She found lucky pennies
and talked to the guys at MAACO all night! She
always can tell when I get up, and wakes up, so we
stayed in the bed until noon. We're rested....getting ready
for another Tylenol attack!

And there was no strep. WHEW!

1 comment:

Britney said...

I hope she's feeling better. What a bummer when they are sick and feel miserable!!