Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday Party: WOO-HOO!





The day before Royanne's birthday party (which was a week after her real birthday date), cousins Abby and Liam came over to help decorate the cupcakes with sprinkles. Aunt Kay made the poster board signs that hung in the trees.
One said HAPPY
one said BIRTHDAY
& the third said ROYANNE.


Royanne licked the icing spatula, which is what birthday
girls are supposed to do!





Royanne's doll got 2 bottles and she perched
on her new couch to feed her. One is milk, the other orange juice.
I call her doll Annie (aka Royanne).








THE FIRST FIRST BIRTHDAY PRESENT

A week before her party, Mimi brought Ro a truck to ride,
the precurser to a tricycle, they tell me. In the box,
it looked fully assembled but when we used a knife, kitchen shears, a
box cutter and pliers to get the box apart (I know you know what
I mean!), it needed the axles and wheels built and attached.
Lookie at the cute little fat legs that are watching and
helping daddy.




He needed the mallet and she agreed to have it handy,
although she also insisted she needed to carry it around.





Patiently waiting.







All aboard!












Brandy, Wesley and Kayleigh were the
first to arrive. Don't all one year olds have
radishes for snacks?





Looks like Royanne emptied the pool:
"EVERYONE OUT!"

Pictured are Amberlynn, mom of baby Dixie &
Jordan (the cute blonde haired boy), Abby & Liam, and Royanne's
(and Abby & Liam's) cousins from Tyler,
Ava and Lexi.




Liam is good at posing!




How many kids can you get in a blow up pool?




Royanne, Ava and Liam. Bubbles and water guns.
We aren't weird for having a party in the front yard,
we just remembered how hot it was the last
get-together out back on the deck (west side of yard)
so we opted for a cooler environment.





Ava and Royanne.




Royanne had A LOT of help opening her
presents!








She gottum new shoes!
(She's already a shoe lover).
Aunt Janice and Uncle Joe got her the whole line
of sunflower duds from GYMBOREE!
This is the truth: last week when Bruce neeeded to
walk for his physical therapy, we went to the
outlet mall and I looked at those very clothes!
I love her in navy blue!



Royanne's Great Grandma (Billie) made her a
beautiful white swiss dot dress. There is an accompanying white
slip underneath that buttons on the shoulders. Mom tells me that the
buttons were sosososo small that Grandma's machine wouldn't
make the buttonholes that small, so she sewed them all
BY HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This will become a family heirloom! No eating, drinking, or sleeping
in this!! It has smocking and ribbon embroidery. Verrrrrry snazzy!
Things my Grandma makes mean so much to me.



Abby helping me with the cards and presents while Ro
sits on Mimi's lap and is entertained by Liam bringing her
"what she got" and showing her.



Cousins Abby and Sarah with Royanne as she opens
her new doll from Brandy, Wesley and Kayleigh.
I think this doll looks alot like Kayleigh, so that's what I call
her. I hope I don't confuse Royanne.



Liam and Abby were so excited about Royanne's
presents! They both have to hold it.





One of my favorites is what her cousins Lexi and Ava presented her with!
A dress-up outfit of SNOW WHITE!! Abby and I were in raptures!
Abby just can't wait to teach Ro how to play dress up. Abby
has several (many) princess dresses: like Jasmine, Snow White,
Cinderella, then there's Dorothy (from Oz, where else?) and all the others
she makes up as she goes along. They will have so much fun!


Marilyn, look out!





Thanks to everyone who attended!
Great Grandma, Mimi, Aunt Kay, Uncle Craig, cousins Abby & Liam,
Aunt Janice, cousin Sarah, Grandpa Kelly,
Brandy, Wesyley and Kayleigh,
cousins Lexi & Ava, (great) Uncle Roger and (great) Aunt Marybeth
third cousins Sandra and Linda, Great Great Aunt Jessie,
Mr. Lin and Miss Roberta, Miss Jo, Miss Wanda, Grandma C. C.,
Randal, Amberlynn and Dixie Johnson, Jordan Brinkmeyer,
& Amanda Lovern.




I must be loosing my touch! I won't give excuses, but I didn't take very many birthday
pictures! I was feeling pretty ill when the party started, and by the time it was over, I was really doing poorly. It was the lack of sleep & heat exhaustion, and I found out I had all the classic symptoms of dehydration. And I was on day three! Mom took the munchkin and
I slept for 17 hours.
Until next year.....................

1 comment:

Bekki said...

Great pictures! You all look like you had a fun/busy day! Happy (belated) Birthday miss Royanne!
I can't believe she is already one!