Friday, July 11, 2008

First Year With God's Precious Gift





HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROYANNIE!!!!!





I would like to take this time to reflect on Royanne being with us.
Every day I wake up to the wonderment that is her.
First of all, I prayed to God for many years for him to send me
a little angel. Royanne was definitely worth waiting for!
I don't know why waiting so long was in the plan.
I am forever thankful & grateful and will do my very
best to love and teach this child, God's precious gift.

When my sister-in-law Janice came to understand my disappointment in
years of waiting, all the procedures gone unsuccessful, she offered to
help. She sent us to a doctor that possessed a great passion for
discovering the right course for her patients. I am thankful to Janice
for many, many reasons, which she knows, but I am also
thankful she made the recommendation she did.

Dr. Anna Nackley was very thorough in her explanations.
Her attention to detail was great. She was frank
when she needed to be, and always optimistic.
I will never forget the afternoon she herself
called to tell me the results of the local lab's
pregnancy (blood) test. I held my breath when I saw the
number on caller ID. I expected to hear the voice
of a nurse, but it was Dr. Nackley herself! Briefly I
thought maybe she was calling herself because she wanted to
tell me what the next plan would
be. I was afraid to hear her words. When she said I
was pregnant, I think I said "what did you say?"
or "are you sure?" or "I am?" or something
equally dumb. When she repeated it, I cried!
I was home all alone, Bruce was out of state on business.
I called Kay! I sent Bruce a text message!
I will forever be indebted to the talents of this
wonderful doctor, Dr. Anna Nackley.
The next player in this journey was Dr. Paul Bushart.
Dr. Bushart came highly recommended by a working chum
of my mother. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would
have such a wonderful OB/GYN doctor. He did not raise an eyebrow
or chastise me for wanting to have a baby
"at such an age",
as some had done. He and Rosalyn took me through
swollen legs, feet and hands & gave supportive feedback when,
even hard as I tried to eat exactly right, I still developed
gestational diabetes. He was happy and positive at
each and every visit. He sure loves babies!
I have met two other women who also had the good fortune to have
him as their doctor.
It is unanimous. He is the best thing to happen in the months a
woman is pregnant!
I am forever in his debt for delivering a healthy
(and smart and beautiful)
baby!!




This picture was taken in December 2007 for a calendar
for the year 2008. This is the picture that is featured on
the July page. The hat says "The Big 1".
I cropped this picture small for the blog, but the balloon
on the background says HAPPY BIRTHDAY.


First picture.








3-D sonogram pictures.






Waiting on the angel.....




Minutes after her birth.



Angel!




Shirt reads "God's Precious Gift".

Bruce and I are very thankful and honored to be her parents.


3 comments:

Bekki said...

Oh Happy Birthday Ro!! What a very sweet and special post! You both are very blessed to have her in your lives - she is such a joy. We are so happy for you.
We miss you!!

THE RIVERA FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday to Royanne! Time goes by too fast. I always tell Ethan (who is 4 1/2) let me just hold you like I did when you were a baby for a while... PLEASE?? Of course he says, "no!" with a scrunched up face and smile. :) I know you love your baby girl. I am happy for you.

Rinny said...

I just wanted to say congratulations on your gorgeous little one. I am also a patient of Dr. Bushart's and adore him. We just found out that we are pregnant with our first. He is truly a wonderful OBGYN. The finest in Austin!