Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Doll House Fun




Royanne got her first doll house from her Mimi
for her first Christmas, when she was 5 1/2
months old. She used to lay on her stomach
and look in and at it. Now she really knows what
it is for. I placed it on the fireplace hearth
so she can see in it well, standing up to play
instead of having to be on her tummy, if the
doll house was on the floor.



When I was 5 or 6, Grandma made me a
5 story doll house, about 4 feet tall. I recently
got some of the 40 year old furniture from a bag
crammed in one of the rooms of that doll house.
I had to put cookie sheets in front of Ro's little
doll house because we needed more rooms. Too
much furniture!

(There's a cow on the couch and a pig in the
easy chair!)



A few days later I made "rugs" from foam sheets.
nother way to learn colors! She really likes to set
all the different dolls (and even animals)
around the tables, bringing in the living room
furniture also, for extra seating.


I made a special visiting family of pipe cleaners!

= = = = = =

1 comment:

Amber said...

What fun! I like the pipe cleaner family.