Friday, May 1, 2009

Echo Valley: HEB Foundation Campgrounds





Mimi caught me in a grand mood one day and
when she asked if Royanne and I were going
to the church family retreat, I said yes!
WHEW!
Why didn't someone tell me I wouldn't sleep
and I would fall down in the river twice
and slip on wet concrete once and twist my
back and ankle?
Other than that, it was a great time!
I had been talking to Annie about it for weeks,
even though she didn't know what in the
world I was saying, and when we got there,
I told her this was what I had been
telling her about.


The first thing Abby and Liam wanted to do was
to wade in the river, so we threw our stuff in the
cabin door and went to the river. Abby did not
want to pose, she wanted to GO!



Excellent picture op!


Ditto.



Mimi was called away as we walked down the
road. She was given the nurse 2 way radio
because Tammy had to accompany Cookie to
the hospital. (Seems like falling was the thing
to do that weekend).
While she got details and instructions, the kids
played in a pavilion and ran up and down the
seats. They posed at the top.



Royanne loved being free and being
able to run without having to stop
for cars or anything!



The kids showed me why this is called
ECHO VALLEY. When you stand under
the overhang, you can really hear your
echos. Royanne didn't know what an echo
was, but when we walked back, she
pointed over there and said "echo!"



Looking for fish. He said he saw tadpoles.



Splashing!



Mr. Drama.



A place to rest.


Splashing!


These water shoes were perfect! Royanne
didn't slip once, not even once!
Mine?..... not so good!!!


Running from the car. Like I said,
Mr. Drama!


Liam and his imagination!



Splashing!


Sand pile fun! I think she wanted to
taste it!


The supplies the 5 of us thought we needed!
Warm clothes in case it got cold, extra towels,
blankets.......

This is why we had to rent a bigger car!



Royanne laughing as Liam watched her during
cabin clean-up. Maybe next year she won't
have to be contained in the stroller.


Such a poser!



The ride home. NO ONE SLEPT!!



Liam grabbed Royanne's cup and started
spitting water through the gap in his teeth.
She learned well and now she likes to
spit water!

So UNlady-like!




4 comments:

Britney said...

I had LOTS of moments where I thought to myself, "seriously? I paid money to come here and be stressed out, exhasuted, short-tempered, frustrated, exhausted, eat cold meals, etc...." But, I suppose seeing how much Addie LOVED it was worth it - maybe! : )

Royanne's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Royanne's Mom said...

Yeppers! I would have to TOTALLY agree with that statement!

Bekki said...

She is getting SO big!!