Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making Soup

Royanne really likes to get involved in
the kitchen activities.
I must admit I am not as eager as her dad
to allow her to do so. I am always standing
nearby with a towel, broom, dustpan.......
Those of you who know me know this
to be true! I detest stains!


Bruce was mixing several kinds of beans together,
and Ro was adding in the white navy beans. We make
a good pork roast one night,and then use the
leftovers in soup. I love beans
and so does Ro-annie!

Here Royanne is
adding in a 13 bean mixture. Bruce is always
wondering why beans come all mixed
together: some cook quickly and some take a
real long time, comparatively.
So, do you over or under cook?
Sometimes we separate them out.
Some people have stain hangups, some beans!

Adding water for the soaking process.



Salt was measured into her hand; free reign
was not granted!




She thought she was really adding a lot of
pepper from the grinder. How much longer
can we fool her, I wonder?






No comments: